Wonder Me!
Asthma:
I - Asthma Classification:
I’M M.S.
Intermittent
Mild Persistent
Moderate Persistent
Severe Persistent


S/s
SABA
Nite wake
FEV1
FEV1/ FVC
ADL limit
I
<2/w
<2/wk
<2/m
>80%
Normal
None
M
>2/w
>2/w
3-4/m
>80%
Normal
Minor
M
qd
qd
>1s/w
60-80
red5%
Some
S
Thru day
times//d
7x/w
<60%
red>5
extreme

II - Asthma meds:
Number of controllers used in each stage of the classification of asthma - mnemonic:
I'M MS
12 34
I
1
SABA PRN (albuterol) only
M
2
Low dose ICS
M
3
(Low dose ICS + LABA) OR Med. ICS
S
4
Med. dose ICS + LABA
S
5
Hi dose ICS + LABA
& omalizumab for allergic pts
S
6
Hi dose ICS + LABA + oral steroids
&omalizumab for allergic pts

III - Asthma step up rule: rule of 2’s (if any, consider a daily controller med)
  • Symptoms/SABA use: >2days/week
  • Nighttime awakenings: >2x/month
  • Exacerbations: >2x/year
  • SABA replacement: 2 canisters/yr

~by Qt
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment