Wonder Me!

Source: https://www.verywell.com/guidelines-for-the-mmrc-dyspnea-scale-914740

The Modified Medical Research Council Dyspnea Scale - MMRC

The Modified Medical Research Council Dyspnea Scale, or MMRC, uses a simple grading system to assess a patient's level of dyspnea -- shortness of breath.
This scale doesn't define the sensation of breathlessness per se, but rather the degree of disability that such breathlessness poses on day-to-day activities.
The scale measures a broad range of disability due to dyspnea, from only mild limitations, up to severe limitations, and is an easy and rapid test to do.
In general, this scale correlates fairly well with objective measures of breathing such as pulmonary function tests and walk tests.  It also tends to be stable over time which is good in having an objective measure.

MMRC Dyspnea Scale

GradeDescription of Breathlessness
0I only get breathless with strenuous exercise.
1I get short of breath when hurrying on level ground or walking up a slight hill.
2On level ground, I walk slower than people of the same age because of breathlessness or have to stop for breath when walking at my own pace.
3I stop for breath after walking about 100 yards or after a few minutes on level ground.
4I am too breathless to leave the house or I am breathless when dressing.

Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment