Wonder Me!
A traveler proclaims his independence from parasitic worm infections and vows to never again be victimized.

"Helminth Proof" (adapted from "Bulletproof" by LaRoux)
by Jdalonz, mixed by DJ Ra

(Jdalonz, Jdalonz)

Been there done that had 'em all
praziquantel, and bendazoles
niclosamide, pyrantel pamoate.


Take Ivermectin for Strong Glutes [← used for Strongyloides; a glutamate agonist, inducing tonic paralysis* see below]
And Bend those B-tubules [←'Bendazoles' inhibit B-tubulin (microtubule) polymerization, and glucose uptake]
Chol the pyr with some pamoate [←Pyrantel pamoate is a cholinergic agonist and acetylcholinesterase inhibitor → spastic paralysis]


Diethylcarbazamine, [←used for filiariasis, a nematode that causes elephantiasis]
To elephants, it sure is mean,
But the worst is yet come when they are dead. [← toxicity associated with immune response to the dead worms]

Those Nematodes go round and round, [←nematodes = roundworms]
Mebendazole don't let me down,
All you worms just make me wanna shout:

Chorus:
This time, Doctor, make me
Helminth proof
This time Doctor make me,
Helminth proof.

Verse 2:
I once did have a nematode
I carried quite Ascary load, [←Ascaris lumbricoides, common round worm; nearly 1.5 billion infected worldwide]
But I found it's quite more common than it seems.


Praz Cestodes and Tremas, or [←Praziquantel is drug of choice for most cestodes + trematodes; increase cell membrane's Ca2+ permeability to induce spastic paralysis]
Go Tape that nickel to the floor. [←Niclosamide= 2ndary therapy for tapeworms (cestodes), depletes ATP]
Albendazole for hydatid cyst disease. [← Echinococcus, a cestode]



Well I went down to Mexico
Got ocular cysticercosed, [←cysticercosis from Taenia solium can go to eye]
Praziquantel contraindicated... [←contraindication of Praziquantel because of immune response to dead worms in eye]

I will say one thing to you
If you get worms, here's what to do
Go to your doc and this is what you say:

Chorus: x2
This time, Doctor, make me
Helminth proof
This time Doctor make me,
Helminth proof.

(slow)
This time... make me.... Helminth.... proof
This time... make me.... Helminth.... proof

Chorus: x2
This time, Doctor, make me
Helminth proof
This time Doctor make me,
Helminth proof.


*Mechanism listed in Lippincott Pharmacology. However, multiple other sources, including First Aid, attribute the mechanism of action to GABA.
0 Responses

Post a Comment